Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My First Painting

16" x 20" Acrylic on canvas
© Megan Warren

I have always wanted to do an art class. So last week I rang up and signed up to do 2 weekly introductory classes. Last week I started two canvases and tonight I set about finishing them. One of the canvases was still wet, so I will finish it next week. Yes I'm going back and I will sign up for the 5 week group of classes.

Inspire me Thursdays prompt for this week was Think BIG - this is relevant to these paintings, they are the largest medium that I have ever worked on. I was talking to the instructor about what I might start work on next week. Her suggestion was to work on a big scale. So when I go to buy a new canvas I'm going to think BIG!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger aletta said...

Good technique is invaluable. Artists are born with everything else, but it cuts the learning by a few years when someone shows you how to use this and that effectively. You will always paint, or draw and generally express as you would have, but why make it harder?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home