Sunday, March 12, 2006

Illustration Friday - Tattoo


While looking at the Inspire Me Thursday site I came across Illustration Friday http://www.illustrationfriday.com/ Each week they give a prompt and each artist illustrates that theme. This weeks theme was Tattoo.

I have been wanting to try lino block cutting for some time - I had the lino and the tools - so this was the perfect opportunity to give it ago. The celtic spiral or triskele I thought would be perfect for this.

the lino block

the print

6 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger Zórdís said...

Wow, this takes me back 24 years ... but though still so young! I like this form and you.ve inspired me in trying aswell! Thx.

Nice work!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

This is really good! You must do more!!!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i have the celtic spiral of life on my wedding ring and i too love lino cutting! nice job :)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger carla said...

This is a really nice print! I just bought some materials to try this, so you've inspired me even more...good job!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Chewy. I remember the feeling of the gouge as it slid into the linoblock. A deeper tattoo, eh?

Thanks for the textures, and the memories!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger The Unknown said...

Cool.
love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home