Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Minstrel

The Minstrel

As I wandered
through the wood
I heard a tune
and I tried to discern
from where it came.

I looked all about
but naught
could I see
I listened to the tree
as it offered advice.

Stop looking to the clouds
and thinking aloud
there is much to be seen
if only you lean
closer to the trees.

I sat down at the
base of the tree
and listened to the song
so sweet and so strong
as it echoed through the wood.

I opened my eyes
it was then that I spied
the minstrel singing
his song
amongst the flowers and leaves.

© Megan Warren 15/01/2006

3 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger SylviaK said...

Hi Megan,
I like this collage the best as the composition and colors work well together with the subject.
It is fun to play around with materials and one never knows what may work, but you have to see it and keep that grouping when it is right.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Megan Warren said...

Sylvia,
thanks for your comments on this. I tried to work a bit differently to what I usually do. I just tore up the pieces to make the background and then put in the clown. I wasn't sure about it - but looking at it now it seems right.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I agree with Sylvia Megan. This is one of your best collages. I also think it is the colour and compostion that makes it stand out so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home